Sunday, May 3, 2009

Tilda With Flower in Bright, Cheerful Surroundings!!

Happy Sunday, Everyone!! I hope you are all having a fun and safe weekend! Surely Spring has arrived for most of us.

Again I am attempting a sketch from the Just Magnolia Challenge, which is announced every Friday. It really is quite fun to see ALL of those cute Maggies every week!! This week's fun and exciting sketch is by Bev Rochester at All The Things I Love...Thank you so much, Bev, for the fun sketch this week!!



My card uses #219 Tilda with Flower from the Spring/Summer Collection 2008 which you can find at Magnolia-licious. Diana has just announced her wonderful May offer for orders. You will receive 50% off the least expensive stamp. Minimum order is $25.00. Be sure to write the name "Worms" and "Magnolia-licious member" in the Comment area. You will continue to get extra treats in your packages. Atyou Spica Pens and both sets of the Magnolia Copic Markers are 10% off. And, of course, free shipping is provided for US and Canada orders.

Here's my attempt at the sketch:



I used Bazzill CS for the card base and some of the matting, Gold Cryogen for the oval scalloped nesties and one layer of matting, and the plain oval nesties are Cryogen White. The DP, borders, and gems are from the Que Sera Sera Collection by K&Company. All panels are double matted and stitched with Old Gold thread.

You can see that I used gold beading for scrolls, MS frond and branch punches, Primas, gems, and gold cording for embellishments on the front. I airbrushed the white oval in gold and turquoise to give the appearance of sunlight and added a grass grounding freehand with Copics. Two Tilda images were colored with Copics, cut out and dimensional tape was placed between them to lift Tilda from the nestie. She has Diamond Stickles angel wings. I seldom use a single image since I almost always want more dimension on my cards (besides that, I can cut away any places where I run out of the lines...LOL) I also colored a tiny Prima with Copics and used a gold bead for the center to match the flower in the corner. Since the flower Tilda is holding is so difficult to cut out I only cut out the stem and replaced the flower with this tiny Prima.



The inside of the card is quite simple with Que Sera Sera border dotted with gold beads on one panel. The other panel is merely a matted nestie and I have made a turquoise flat bead, gold bead, and crystal bead dangle to hang from the gold cord bow for the jotting place. I finished the inside with small gold beads to soften all of the corners.

I hope you enjoy this wee little Tilda With Flower in her quite bright and vibrant surroundings. She would love to see your opinions, so please leave her a note!!! If you have questions about any of my cards or feel that I have not explained clearly enough, please let me know. My email is on my sidebar and I would love to hear from you.

There is a very unique challenge created by Suzan Laferty throughout the month of May which Diana announced yesterday on the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Site. There will be a prize for the best interpretation. The Challenge is "to design your own Butterfly Tilda by adding butterfly wings to an
existing Tilda image. The wings can be hand drawn, or a butterfly stamp
can be used (masking will be involved) or whatever you can think of. We
can add rhinestones, glitter, foil, really anything your imagination can
come up with!" It will be fun and interesting to see what people make and which Tilda they choose to work with. Suzan will pick the winner. Let's all join in and send our pictures to Diana and she will put them all in a new gallery at Magnolia-licious called "Butterfly Wings"...such a cute and unique idea!!!!

That's all for today!! May you have a Magnolia-licious week!!! Hugs!!

23 comments:

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,
I haven't gone to bed yet! Saw you posted a lovely new card. Love the DP you have used.
Very nice take on the sketch and beautiful work as usual. The inside is lovely as well.
Love, Candy

Cheryl said...

Love your card, Jacque! It is simply golden!

Vectrarola said...

Wow, what a lovely card! I like your Style! :o)

Rosette said...

Oh this IS interesting!! :) A butterfly chellenge wow!! I think ther will be some lovely creations! :))

Your card is amazingly beautiful Jacque hun, it's ALWAYS a pleasure to coma nad see what's next on your blog! :) You never seize to surprise me with something new!! Lovely card indeed!! lol

Dawn B. said...

Awww this is beautiful. Your card really shows your creative side. I love the beads on the inside. I love the thought of creating your own Tilda butterfly... Hmmm. WHat a great challenge. SUper job

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and fabulous papers.
luv
Debby

Sylvia Blum said...

*wow* gorgeous card! I always love how you create the inside of the cards.. sooooo beautiful :-)
Great work as always, Jacque!
{love} Sylvia

Unknown said...

I just love seeing your cards, they are always so beautiful! You inspire me to do better.

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow!!! Your detail work is just amazing, Jacque! To get the true essence of your work, you MUST click on the pics and take a close up look. The love you put into your cards truly shows. That's a really cool border across that horizontal strip! Love all the touches of gold. Another gorgeous work of art!
hugs!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Jacque what an awesome job you did coloring/drawing in the grass!!! The colors are very pretty together and the gold is a perfect accent to finish off with the color combination!! Gorgeous as always!!! You think the inside is simple??? No way Lady!!!

Hugs
Lena
Tackertwosome ~ SCS

Anonymous said...

loved the card and your colouring in too. The inside is beautiful too.
Love Sarah XXX
Please check out my new blog. Sarah

Anonymous said...

WOW, Jacque, as always----MAGNIFICENT!!
Hugs, Christina C.

Mina said...

wow such gorgeous bright colours and your colouring is great...Thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Cami said...

Very pretty card, Jacque. Love the bright colors. Cami

MarieL said...

Jacque, what a work of art. Absolutely, fabulous. All those amazing details. Simple fantastic.

Julie said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love those papers!

marsha said...

Gorgeous card - I love bright!!! Great layout and choice of colors.

Hugs,
Marsha

Laurel said...

Absolutely stunning! I love your inate ability to chose the perfect color combination - they are always such a beautiful blend. Your Tilda is just darling - I love her blue dress! Thank you for the idea of using the beads for the inside. Hugs

Danni said...

Another inspiring, wonderful creation! Really love the colors/paper on this one. You truly are an inspiration!

StampGal said...

This is beautiful. I love the swirls you used. Such pretty paper. TFS

Tab said...

Fab card, I love your take on the sketch! Love the image too, so sweet!
Hugs Tab xxx

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, I love that I can click on the image to get a closer view of your card. Your card is just perfect!! It's sooooo beautiful!! Hugs, Suzan

Kerry D-C said...

What gorgeous colors! This is one of my favorite Tilda's! Of course, I think I say that about all of them...LOL!