Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Metamorphosis of Flower Power Tilda

Happy Sunday, Everyone! I hope that each of you has had a magnificent weekend and that all the Moms have had a very special day!!

This card was made for the unique challenge suggested by Suzan Laferty on the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Site which was "to design your own Butterfly Tilda by adding butterfly wings to an existing Tilda image." Suzan asked us to perform our own metamorphosis on poor Little Tilda...lol For those of you who remember (or have read about...lol) the Hippie era, you will know that many Hippies embraced Eastern philosophy. So I decided to let little Flower Power Tilda, who reminds me of a little hippie with flowers in her hair, wander off to the East also.



My 6"X6" card uses Bazzill and Making Memories CS and the DP is from Basic Grey's Marrakech collection--that sounds Eastern or hippie, doesn't it?? I have used Flower Power Tilda and Tulips and Grass, both from the Shabby Chic Collection 2008 and both available at Magnolia-licious, the best source for Magnolia stamps in North America. All panels are double matted and stitched. Tilda was colored with Copics and the flower wreath in Tilda's hair and the Tulips are colored with Sakura Souffle pens for a touch of texture. On the front, Tilda's wings are parts of a Prima glitter and sequin butterfly. I used a ribbon panel with MS lattice arch punched sides with light orange organza ribbon and turquoise silk ribbon. All flowers are Primas and the centers are BG Marrakech brads. The small butterflies are from Creamotion in the Netherlands. Tilda and wings are connected with Scor-Tape and are then placed on dimensional tape on triple nesties.



The inside of the card uses coordinating papers from the same collection with all panels stitched. The first panel adds the turquoise ribbon again with another Tilda resting on double nesties. This time I made Tilda's wings with feathers, airbrushed first, then dotted with Copics. The jotting panel was stamped with a portion of the tulip stamp which repeated a bit of the graphics of the DP and placed on nesties. Finally I added another butterfly, same as on the front.

I hope you like this little hippie and will want to play along with this fun challenge. Be sure to send a pic of your card to Diana at ladydian@shaw.ca. She has a gallery on her site for the Butterfly Wings Challenge and you should have a peek at such pretty submissions. Thank you, Suzan, for such a fun and unique challenge!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Take care and be safe...Hugs...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh she is FANCY! I'm thinking you had a lot of fun with this challenge... I'm going to try to do it too at some point!
Pam Going Postal

Danni said...

Look at this!! I'm loving it!! All those pretty butterflies and wow, Tilda looks stunning!! Another fab card, Jacque!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh she's adorable, Jacque! And that song immediately popped into my head...riding on the Marrakech Express..it's taking me to Marrakech... LOL! I'm afraid I'm showing my age a little bit there! Love that paper and Tilda is gorgeous! Another wonderful card! Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
Big hugs!
Sharon

Jessica G. said...

How fun! Your craft room must be amazing, Jacque, because you always come up with the best embellishments!!

Claudean said...

This absolutely adorable. Love the colors. I am going on a 3 day retreat tomorrow with 4 of my friends and we are going to have 3 days of coloring Tildas. I am planning on doing my butterfly Tilda one of these days.
Gret job.

Cami said...

Oh Jacque she is so cute and "groovy" looking! Great job! Love the colorful paper you used! Simply wonderful! Hugs, Cami

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, I've been waiting to see your Butterfly Tilda. Oh my gosh, your card is soooo cute!! The wings are very creative!! Hugs, Suzan

Candy said...

Hi Jacque,

WOW!! Outstanding job. Great ideas for wings on both Tilda's! Oh I remember Hippies and back even farther than that LOL. You used the perfect papers as usual too. I too wish I had your embellishments!! LOL

Love, Candy

Rosette said...

Hiya Jacque!!! I'm flying on those wings! lol:)) THAT is such a fun card! :) So colourful, and stylish!! lol
I love how you coloured her out too. What are Soufle pens? Wll thank you for your continous inspiration.. you sure give out the best! :))
Hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jacque, what a stunner!! The inside of this card is also super gorgeous. Love your take on this challenge. You are such an inspiration, girl!! Love, Christina C.

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jacque, this is such a pretty card hunny with such a lovely image. Hope you have a great day, hugs Linda x

Terry said...

Hiya Jacque, what a wonderfull card you made again hun..just love the colours and Tilda is just adorable, just beautifull....and I send you an email....thanks for yours....hugs terry

Jeanette said...

Fantastic Jacque! Love the colors and how you have transformed Tilda! Hugs Jeanette

Norma said...

Jacque, simply stunning! I love the bright colours you used here--don't that orange and blue just go well together? what a lot of work you've done here and the inside too, wow. your card just keeps getting better and better.

hugsxx
Norma

Chris (catt871) said...

Ohhh Jacque!!! She is GORGEOUS!!! I love the butterfly wings!! You are the BOMB girl!!!!!

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card you have made . I really LOVE it

Hugs and love
Heidi

Christine Riley said...

What a stunning card! Love the bright, cheery colors and the inside is just beautiful.
Hugs, Christine :)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Stunning card fabulous image and papers so bright and crisp ,love it ,hugs Dawnxxx

Laurel said...

Wow! I absolutely love your colors! Tilda's wings are amazing; you make the inside just as beautiful as the outside! I love the ribbon and your borders. The heart that you put in each card shows in your details! Your coloring - always perfect!
Hugs

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wwwwooooaaaawww... this is stunning. you have done so much detail work on your card. it is amazing i love your coloring but also the choice of papers and layout is just stunning.
love this card sweetie

Dawn B. said...

You did great on this card. I love the colors you chose. WOW. So much detail inside and out. Great job...

Rachel said...

Jacque, WOW!!! this is absolutely gorgeous!! i love the way you also decorated the inside. Beautiful job as always!!! :0)
hugs,
Rachel

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hello hunny bunny... thanks for your sweet comment
you are so kind
hugs
claudia

Anonymous said...

Jacque,
You do wonderful work! I love all your card creations. I will definitely come back on a regular basis. And thanks for the nice compliments about my blog.!
CeeCee

Kerry D-C said...

OMG! FABTASTICAL! You did a wonderful job on your metamorphosis! :) Great minds must think alike I made a card with this Tilda tonight (to post Friday) and I kept referring to her as Hippie Tilda...LOL! ;) I've only read about the Hippies!! nananananaaaah! LOL

Carole said...

Fabulous card Jacq... a truly transformed Tilda..just beautiful.
Hugs
Carole :-)